Sunday, June 30, 2013

Practice: Japanese Cat cosplay

  For this exercise i continued to experiment with styling and improving my skills. Similar to my last practice, i wanted to test more on my illustrating aesthetics and styles. Inspired by the Japanese culture and the future ingame update: Tokyo, i played around with the concept of anime cosplay. Cosplay is growing to be very popular, dressing up as a cartoon character. Therefore i tested drawing a more manga like aesthetic. I experimented with more complicated shapes and forms, and more frilly 'cute' details that may appeal more to the general female audience. This is also a request from many friends from the secret world that feel like there are not enough "pretty" dresses.


Ofcause, i also want to test on how to layout my final presentation, how i would compose the page for a display, to keep in mind what i would eventually work toward to when it comes to my end of the year presentation. Therefore i kept my background to simple, mutual color, but i did not want to have a complete white back ground as it made the figures seem disorientated, almost as if they are floating. It also make the illustration seem incomplete, despite the works for my project are actually for conceptual purposes, i would still want to have the aesthetics of each piece appear well rendered for presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment