Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dishornored - Artist research: Viktor Antonov




So for me I began to look at artists for other games that shares the similar essence of The Secret world. I came across a game called Dishonered and its lead artist Viktor Antonov. His paintly style reminded me of the Secret world artist Askim's works. The brush strokes have a classical painting essence that carries the notion of the traditional old world feel that Dishornored and The secret world have. The composition of the artworks also resembled formal classical portraits, yet they have a stylised aesthetic that's signature to Antonov, his digital artworks almost have a traditional oil painting style, that is very suited to these portrait concepts he have done. Which is one of my own personal goal, and that is to develop a drawing style that can be recognisable as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment