Thursday, July 4, 2013

More research on illustrating a scene

This is a video I want to save for my research. As i am now practicing with a complete illustration. I find it very useful that i get to see how this particular artists start a piece of work, which is simple outlines on a white canvas, then adding a gray background to provide the base color for the piece. I am already doing these techniques. Also i noticed that i do not need to make all the areas too smooth through blending, which was my common mistake. It takes away defined details to make the illustration more three dimensional and looses its depth. Therefore some lighted areas are best kept sharper than smoothly blended out. Also what interest me in this video is the tonal relationships between the surroundings and the subjects. Tones are kept in sync to each other so everything look in place, the main light source is behind the subjects therefore they appear darker than the background. This is something i need to keep in mind with, as lighting is a very important concept only through practice i can grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment