Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Remember Me concept art by Gary (Jamga)


I was looking at concept artworks for the a science fiction themed game- Remember me by Capcom.
The concept arts are by an artist i found on the online gallery Deviantart, username Jamga.
I looked at the costume designs in particular to help me with my own project. As i mentioned before  i was looking for inspirations for futuristic fashion designs for my project to echo the popular concept of hi-tech driven culture of Japan for the upcoming in-game Tokyo update for The Secret World. 

I am interested in how these designs' straight cuttings, the asymmetrical shapes and color blocking of the designs. I like how the artist altered modern suits with panels and accents to hint the other worldly futuristic feel for the outfits. It provides a very familiar aesthetic as it is based on fashion designs we already have, which make the clothing look very believable and wearable. 

The presentation is also helpful for me as well, similar as artist examples i have seen before there is a slight gradient for the background. These are from light to dark. It is a very faint transition, but it still make the layout look more complete, more finished. Also it is useful to see how to pose the figures to model the fashions, for men and women. The poses are very similar to what you would see in a magazine or catwalk even. Which would be similar to my fashion illustration projects i have done previously. Therefore in a way, posing the figures are very similar to fashion illustrations and shoots. Such as illustrations like this one:


Gary (Jamga)'s designs raises a question for myself about how would i design a costume, to make the outfit echo each faction's essence for both men and female at the same time reflect elements of sci-fi. 
In The Secret World, the players choose among 3 factions to play as. Illuminati, Templar and Dragon. I need to construct designs that not only echo the faction's feel, but also "futurise" the aesthetics. I think i will start by creating another scene illustration depicting all 3 factions in their current available costume to get more confident with digital painting and generate some ideas through doing. 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment