Sunday, July 7, 2013

Scene 1: Point blank range





























This is the first scene illustration i practiced drawing. I have loosely based the likeness of the figures on my own and my friend's characters in The Secret World. Not for a particular reason, as this is for practice and experiment. I am rather happy with how it turned out in the end, as i lack the experience in drawing more than one subject matter at a time. As i mentioned before speed was, and  is still kind of is a problem for me when constructing a complete work. Because i want to use this project as an opportunity to practice and produce works that might end up or help me produce works worthy of being portfolio material eventually. At the moment i am not overly confident with my works, therefore i wish to try and do something i'm not usually comfortable with.

This work did took me slightly longer than i wanted or planed to. However i wanted to go through with the practice to force myself to get it as complete as i can as fast as i can. Over all i think this is decent. I can spot a few mistakes myself such as the lighting from the magic on the right side not really affecting the female character, or the male character holding her at gun point. What is also something i need to improve on is the the flow for the eyes and focal point/s. As in this picture i think because all characters are in the same amount of focus and details, its hard to find a main point to focus on, therefore it looses alot of depth, making the work less interesting.

Speed wise, i did average, because of the lack of practice, i find myself working and reworking on one small area for unnecessarily long period of time. This is something i would like to get pass eventually, with enough practice and experiments. For my next picture i plan to make the work bigger and more subject matters to push myself even further. Also more more colors. I would like to see how i would do, and hopefully make advances technically.

No comments:

Post a Comment